6.17.2008

Diamond Head


Over all this was a pretty cool hike... just the right amount of physical exercian. Though you should only do it on overcast days other wize you WILL fry.

It starts out paved ... (just so you think it will be easy)





Reminded me of the good old days at the ZP

A "not" paved trail




First flight of killer stairs... this is the short one




ElEVATION 733556 (if the guy who put in the stairs isn't a liar)

This is looking down 98 stairs

Spiral staircase to get you not yet to the top

Not to the top yet

Can you see the dinky lighthouse?
Waikiki beach from afar


Kasias working on her hand signals



This is a picture of the crater that I took when I was on Wiikiki beach latter that week. So I guess I'm totally a blonde but I didn't realize we were inside the crater when we parked the car.

2 comments:

Becky said...

wow, I am glad I didnt have to do the hike in order to see the pictures! That is pretty incredible!

Cubby said...

Is't the hike up Diamondhead extraodinary. I have done it twice. I like the place where the wind blows all the hats off people's heads and it is to treacherous to retrieve your hat.
I have also taken the very enjoyable hike to the little light house you could see. It is a nice hike and much easier than Diamondhead.