
I have a "Fitness for Life" class that over all is pritty educational. The part that really gets me smiling is my teacher Brother Christensen. Gosh he says the funniest things during class. These are my favorites:
We were required to write a 2 pages paper on Obesity, anything about Obesity, just google it read something on it then write up what you learned. No big deal right? Here's what he said after giving us the directions for the paper.
"You can pritty much do it on what ever you want with few exeptions."
-Pause
"Once I got a paper on Animal Obesity"
-Pause with non-reasureing sigh
"Never again"
I also loved the tone of regret he had in his vioce when he told us he made the mistake of telling his neighbor (who had resontly lost a lot of weight) the statistic that after 5 years 95% of people have gained all there lost weight back. (P.S. This is because no real life style change had been made, after they lose the weight they wanted to they go right back to eating what they always ate. I know, I know and your not even paying to be educated! Luckey.)
He asked the married guys in the class:
"Whats the first thing you learn when you get married?"
A guy in the back said
"To say your sorry"
Bro. Christensen said
"Oh ya, that would be a good one. Not the one I was looking for though."
He was looking for "Shes always right" But he then got side tracked on that that was probably the reason men golf. They need somthing to whack at, and while whacking they say "Why did I have to say sorry?!?!"
And one of my favorites
We were talking about common fitness related myths... and he got talking about magnets. He said they don't work (well they work if you belive in them, we got into a disscussion latter on how powerful the mind is) Anyways this is what he said.
"Busted up my back a while back, a friend threw this magnet blanket thing on my chair and said "you sit on that and in a week we'll see how your back feels" looked the thing up on the internet turned out to be around $500, tried it the whole week. Know what happened? I sat in the bath tub and my head turned to the north"
Dang made me laugh
No comments:
Post a Comment