2.13.2010

Egypt- The Big Cheese - Just a sampling



This album could start off with none other but two of my best friends Eric Bushman (he makes me laugh what more can I say : ) and Marrissa Purser (my roomate and buddy-buddy). This was taken just after we crossed the boarder into Egypt. Security was a bit much but no worries. These juice boxes where given to us by our loving tour guides who presented to us that Arab countrys are all about hospitality. (Are you loving that the juice boxes are in Arabic, ya they totaly are)


Ok. The next four photos were not acutally taken in Egypt (photo album lables can be so deciving). This one was taken at Tel Jericho. Thats right Kasia I have totaly beeten you at the "oldest building" ever seen catagory, though your still pumaling me in the "most countrys" seen catagory.

Here is the promised picture of the most amazing juicer ever! Eric Bushman (the sweet-heart) got me a orange/pomagranite juice drink here. So good. PS- I'm going to try and bring home some Mango juice beause even in a box it will knock your socks off! Why is this juicer so amazing? A: it does not need to be plugged in and B: ... um... its a cool color.

Brother Chad Emmett is one of my professors here. He is a geography teacher at BYU and teaches my Old Testmate class here at the center. He has and amazing family and is fabulous. Fabulous. Right now he's working on a book about the churchs history in Indonisia. So cool.

Candles you can light inside the Mount of Temptations monestary.

Ha. I love that I'm not giving you a picture of the acutal see, just a picture of my feet and the sand by the red sea. Don't worry I have other pictures... its just going to be a while tell you see them all, but you've seen on big body of water you've seen them all, right? : ] Honestly. I'm sorry I didn't actually post a picture of the Monestary (cause it so cool) and my descriptions of things are laking but I feel that if you can't connect the dots between all that I've said in my e-mails and these pictures then... theres really no hope for us in the future ; )
A totaly self explanitory picture (my passport decivingly looks like a Book of Mormon, but its not)
Big Cheese Exhibit #1: THEE NILE RIVER. No photoshop used.

Eric Busham (suprizingly enough) took these two pictures of Falukas going down the Nile. We road one of these on our way to and from a camel excursion!
I LOVE this one, it is defiantly going on a wall in my house.
Big Cheese Exhibit #2: Kent Brown and his lovely wife Gale Brown. Oh ya, and the largest phyramid in all of Egypt. Brother and Sister Brown and very interesting people, they are both very well read and traveled and I am continaully supprized at there resume. For instance, Sister Brown helped type of the Book of Mormon in Arabic. Beat that. The one fault I've found with Brother Brown is that I'm continueally telling him to smile, he has the curse of Kasias default face. Poor people.
Big Cheese Exhibit #3: Sphinx that guards the phyramids and Eric Bushman. this boy is definatly a keeper, he inspires greatness : ]
Big Cheese Exhibit #4: The first, and thus oldest, phyramid. The step phyramid. Graced by three lovely ladys and an old short man who didn't have to many teath... moving on.
L to R Marrissa Purser, Allison Shamwrell, and Killa (A name affectionatly given to me by some here at the center PS- you call me this when I get home and I will not speak to you)
Big Cheese Exhibit #5: Marrissa sporting a camel and guy to lead the camel. Camels are not as obnoxios as I antisipated they would be. Its like riding a horse only a lot higher.

Snap. I can't remember what temple this was taken at (amazing temples!) But I just love this picture. Eric Bushman (w/out head, (just so you know he's mimicking the statue behind him- thought I'd add that for all you slow people out there, ya know I love ya : )) Jason Johnson, John Weist (This is the John that I was telling you about who told that story "it was his headstone" that you ALL have to have me tell you when I get home)
The Biggest Cheese of them all: Mt. Siani. Tottally been there, done that.

One of my favorite pictures that I've taken so far. These spices where alonside the egyptian market (pronounced sue-q) street where I got my eyes opened to developing country poverty, trash, and really pushy salesmen (all part of the expierance that is Egypt).
Window of a HUGE/beautiful monestary. Don't worry I have a ton more pictures of this place, though I'm sure you won't appreachate them... um... as much as you should.
The picture you've all been waiting for! Yep, this is totally a squatter toilet, though this is not the norm after seeing some of the toilets in Egypt you really wish it was (Kasia, this picture is totaly dedicated to you!)

No comments: