
(I did not take this picture, yet :)
I have been called to labor in the Harrisburg PA mission. I enter the MTC October 22, 2008.
Harrisburg is the Capital of PA and is full of national and church heritage. This state is where our Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence and later the Constitution. George Washington brought the Revolutionary Army through a crucial winter at Valley Forge, and for some years it was the first capitol of the United States. The Civil War battle of Gettysburg was fought here and Lincoln’s Gettysburg address was given here.
The Susquehanna River flows through the mission. On its banks near Harmony, Pennsylvania, the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery received the Aaronic Priesthood from John the Baptist and were then baptized. Later, only a few miles away Peter, James and John restored the Melchizedek Priesthood to the earth. The book of Mormon was largely translated in Pennsylvania. This is the state where Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Bruce R. McConkie, Alvin R. Dyer, and other great missionaries brought many souls into the Church.
(Nope I didn't write/type all that, I stoll it from some moms blog about her son who is serving there. :) Hey he has a cute smile, and looks pretty tall... maybe I'll bump into him. Haha Wouldn't that be a great way to introduce yourself "Hi, I stocked your blog before entering the mission field" : )
1 comment:
I think the correct phrase would be, "I STALKED your blog..." but I digress...
I just had to write here that you are the best. Can I get a hoo-rah? It is an understatement to say that I'll miss you as much as a person misses breathing when they're drowning. (kind of a graphic example, but you get the idea...) Seriously. You're my air.
Love love love,
Moi
Post a Comment