4.30.2008

Hawaii, at long last


Hawaii. What can I say. I'm here. I like it a lot. Though the plane flight was insanely long, and I'm always wet (humidity, they say you learn to love it). I'm still not on Hawaii time yet (heck I've been here a total of one day and I already expect myself to have ajusted... (wow what a sentance that was))

I really haven't had a chance to take pictures yet, but oh boy will I. Its soo grean here (ya I know, you can really tell by the above picture :), not really the grass because everyones lawns seem to be multiple colors of green, I think they have a lot of varieties in one sections of lawn... anyways its sooo great because there are all sorts of plants and trees popping up every where! Its like a jungle only with people and houses and streets... and a campus... and sidewalks... and buildings.... ok it is like theres pieces of jungle all over the city. The plants are amazing, theres these trees that look like there from Africa, and bannana and cocunut and all things fruity. Kasia and I have a stock of mangos in the fridge. You should have seen Kasias face when we were told how much our groceries came to... she almost flipped her lid right there in front of everyone : ) Yes it is the truth, everything costs more.

My feet swelled up really big after I got off the plane, the whole ride was five and a half hours. We were offered drinks and cookies like a billion times, I guess the stewardesses just didn't have anything better to do.

I'm closer to the temple then to campus, and the temple is really pretty. It takes me like 20min to walk to campus... so I'm really going to come back a diffrent person, what with all my body water dripping out of me, walking so very much, and Kasia starving me (no joke everything I wanted to put in the cart was "to expensive" :) nah Kaj was really good about the whole thing, she just freaks over money a bit more then I do, of corse if I had major plans to see the world next semester I would flip over the grocery bill too)

No comments: