12.02.2007

Life is fragile, oh so very fragile

Channel 6 reported this about a girl from my ward:

" Monday night a BYU Idaho student was hit by a car while crossing the street and is currently in critical condition. Chera Birch from Rigby was struck by a mini van and care-flighted out of Rexburg. She was hit by the intersection of 2nd West and 3rd South.
Birch has multiple fractures in both legs and hips and has severe head trauma. This is the second time this semester a student has been hit by a car and both happened around 8 o'clock at night.
The driver of the vehicle faced no charges and according to the police lighting or speed was not an issue with this accident. "

That cross walk is just to the left of my house.

Chera died Sunday Morning around 9 o'clock

People deal with death diffrently, and some don't "deal" with it at all. I didn't really know this girl, not personaly anyways. But I knew she was pritty and she had a big heart. My bishop said that out of everyone in our ward she was the girl most prepared to meet her maker.

Death hurts, for me it hurts beacause I know it hurts her family, roomates and friends, I know how I would feel if a loved one was taken from me. But its ok. Its all ok, cause Chera is with God know. I know that without a single doubt.

When my roomate told me that she had passed away, the song that entered my head is "Our God is an awsome God" and he truly is. Birth is a miricle, life is a miricle, and death in its pain is a miricle for both those who live through it and those who pass on.

No comments: