10.06.2007

This is ware I work, this is what I do (You need to read all of this)


I work at the Spori Art Gallery here on Campus. And o how I love it! This is our newest display.

This is the cutest book ever! Blurb for book: "What if instead of an umbrella you had and UN-brella? Imagine that when this unbrella was opened it suddenly made the world around you change in exiciting ways. Scott E. Franson, BYU-Idaho professor, author, and illustrator, invites us into his world." The book has no word rather the pictures tell a thousand words. I'm sorry some of the pictures aren't so great, but if you come and visit me I'll give you a personal tour! I didn't take pictures of the book pages even though we do have them displayed in the gallery. You can get the book on Amazon, or B and N. Its a little pricey but way cute. I think once it goes on sale I'll get one for my future family. ha...

The rest of the pictures are also Brother Fransons work. They are a "collection of book covers for imaginary, unpulbished books. The covers are designed as a creative exercise using the word of the week from Illustration Friday. These are books not by Scott E. Franson and will never be at a fine bookstore near you."

And guys if you could would you pray for Brother Franson, he has cancer and is going through keamo. His wifes having a hard time with it. He needs our prayers.

Under each of the "imaginary" book covers I'm going to put the word he used for inspiration and the blurb that appears under it in the gallery. There way cute, he has a very fun since of humor and o is he so creative!


MASK
I would rather be a weed! is the newest unbook not by Scott E Franson. It will never be at a bookstore near you. I hope this image brings back god memories of Elementary School Threatrical productions.

HELP
The kiss. This frog doesn't need any help. In fact, help could be deadly.

PHOBIA
Phrozen Phish. Her is a book based on my real life phobia. I hated to go to the freezer when I was yound because of the fish. Fish that my father caught, froze and never seemed to eat. Have you noticed that fish never close their eyes? Remember, If you have to go to the freezer, always open and shut the door quickly.

(I love this one because it has eomthing to say)
SAFE
When we go to school, what do we do to feel safe? We fit in. Then we feel safe. If we don't stand out we won't have problems. But safe is not as it would appear becuase "the group" is always willing to sacrifice someone so that the group can continue to live. Students in every school are being sacrificed so that the group can live on. The individuals in the group mentality would say, "If there is someone else to pick on then it won't be me."

GHOST
I have no idea what FLAMINGHOST is about.

(One of my favorites!)
MIGHT
Yummy. What might have been?

GRAVITY
What if?

SUPER HERO
Beeboy: In the Beginning. Ben gets stung by a bee and becomes BeeBoy! The story explores his new found powers. Find out how he uses his unusual powers in the UN-Book by Scott E Franson, that will never be at a bookstore near you. It may be on ebay, but then that would be a scam.

BUZZ
I had fun making this image. I am always struggling to keep emotion in my images because of the style. I hope that you like this new character, even if you hate mosquitos.

(Another one of my favorites that I can totaly relate to)
GEEK
-pie the symbol- not pie: Raising your child to be a geek
It is official and everyone knows it! You want your child to grow up to be a geek because the geeks make all the money! this is your step by step guide to raising your child to be a geek.
Disclaimer: The author of this book feels that in order to be "responsible" he should inform his readers that he has no intent of raising his children to be geeks. He is raising his children to be "responsible" celebrities. The odds of raising a "responsible" celebrity are very small and not recommended for the genral public.

FARM
The Dairy Farm is about where common products that we use everyday come from and how we get them.

(Mom this one reminds me of you for some reason)
RUN
Run is the gripping story of a rhino named Rhina and her first sleepover. She is afraid that her nightgown is so ugly that it will cause a stampeen. For obvious reasons, it will never be at a bookstore near you.

CONFIDENTIAL
Confidential, is the story of a young man sending a love letter in smoke signals. The only problem is that the wrong person recieved his communication. Will he live happily ever after with his true lover? The world will never know beauce this is an Un-Book by Scott E. Franson.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Scott Franson sounds like a fun guy. You know, I used to know a small boy named Scott Franson but he died when he was four. Some of htese books really should be written and then you could find htem somewhere.