8.11.2007

Subway (Pictures from ofline)

Kasia, Tracy (good friend of ares who's the manager of the front desk), Tracys 2 cousins, and I hiked "The Subway" on Wednesday. The whole hike took us about 10 hours... well really 8 and then 2 hours to eat lunch and play in the water. It was sooo beautful and so much fun. It's one of the more challenging hikes you can do around here without getting into some serious repelling. of my gosh... it was just amazing.

First we climbed down this 400 ft decent. It was way steep and quite scary at times... then we walked/hiked back and forth over a stream for about 3 hours... over boulders and fish ponds and all sorts of terrain....

When you get to the subway you know your getting close when you see the red water falls. Tracy stopped in her tracks and said "ah! this is what post cards are made of" ... I'm going to buy some of the postcards that shes talking about so if you want one e-mail me.

These are the red water falls.

I slid down on my butt all over these rocks... it was soo much fun... like this naturaly made water slide.

Theres a huge log that crosses the subway just before you get there... then there are these pools of water

This is a view looking down on the pools

The red on the rock was amazing especially in comparison to the dark clear water.

At the very very end... there is this water fall.. and behind the water fall is a small back room... it looks like the room is painted black... we had to plug our ears the waterfall was so loud. We got soaked and it was so cold in the shade of the canyon.
My thighs still hurt (many days after) but it was a once in a lifetime experience. Something that I will never give up.
Zion is beautiful and I will miss it... Funny the night before just before we were going to bed I said to Kasia... should we call mom? In case I die? Cause it is a bit dangerous. But I lived and continue living. And wow is it ever moving forward.
Under two weeks tell I'm home.

No comments: