6.04.2007

Jeep Tour


The beast was our mode of transportation. Normaly Jeep tours cost $35 a person, but cause we work here we get to do everything for free. The day before Becky and I went on the Jeep ride we went ATVing. I don't think I've ever held onto something so tight in my entire life. I've desided ATVing is not for me, it looks like fun but its not for me. We also went on a horse ride, that was way fun, Maren went with us and it was cool to see her in here world.



It takes around 45 min to get to the bottom of the canyon. Since it was just us staff we walked down to the Virgin river and got our feet wet. It was sooo beautiful. Ha. I went bare foot because wearing flip flops is not enough traction and sneakers get a lot of sand in them and its super hot. So last time I was down there it was night this time it was during the day and the sand was... well it was really really hot. I burnt the bottoms of my feet and got really big blisters. It was totaly worth it. Next time I'll carry some socks with me.

This is not muddy water. Its extreamly clear water with sand. The sand here is sooo soft.

These lizards are everywere. I would ketch one but I just watched "Holes" and they have those biting lizards on there ... so now I'm chicken.





Right next to the rock walls there were deap holes so Becky got sent to see how deap they were, most went up past her butt pockets.


ooo pritty
I've had a lot of fun here but the most fun I've ever had was on the Jeep tour. Kaj and I are going to get a list of all the hikes around here and do them. Some of the staff were doing a night hike up Angels Landing. Angles Landing has some really steep cliffs that you hold a chain while walking right next to. I see this as fun but not smart so I desided not to go. Colt came up to me and said that a coward dies a thousand times, and the brave man dies only once. At the time he told me who said it but I cannot remember. Its a great quote though. He loves to tell me it when I won't do something I don't want to do. Good thing thing I took that Minico Health Class that taught me not to give into peer preasure, and drugs and gun violence and all that.

No comments: