Grandpa Hale and I went on a Submarine tour when Kasia left for her biolagy class on the big island.
This is the boat that took us out to the sub, and those are the people on the beach by our boat
It was a pretty big boat, well big to me at least
View from the back of the boat
Same view
Inside the sub
Still inside the sub
Window you get to look out of. Thats a plane wing.
Our windows were thicker than this. 4 inchs. Each window costs $5000. So not only are you looking through and expensive piece of glass but it formed so that everything outside looks bigger. And all of these pictures seem non-colorful because as you get farther and farther away from the light of the surface colors fade and change. Because color is the reflection of light, so less light less color. Yep. Thats all I have to say about that.
Man made pyramid put down here for our spesific viewing
Our narrator was a joke. He was way funny. As one point he was like "Oh my gosh! I can't belive it! theres a whale on our port side!" so everybody started snapping pictures, and he was like "ope nope thats the boat you will be boarding" or when we got to the deapest part of our trip he said we could turn segnificant other and give them a kiss, and it would be the deepest kiss they have ever recived. What a bean. But he had polyniesain fish names down really well.
These were made in Japan. Japanese people make them for harvesting sea weed. But the waters of Hawaii are to warm for that. Staying between 73-74 Degrees. Its like warm bath water
When we were at 109 ft.
Fish
Pilots seat. Wait... do you call them the pilot? How about the driver?
1 comment:
I got to do the sub thing, too, one time. OUr narrator was not so clever. I like the kissing joke. wasn't it fun to see far below the surface of the water. Did you get to see any turtles? I loved how colorful and prolific the fish were.
I have never been in a sub before or since. A once in a life time experience for me!
Post a Comment