Yay for Food Fest! Its been one of my favorite campus activities! All the clubs (and belive me there are a ton of them) get together and make food from there country to sell at this big fest.
This is a spring roll from Hong Kong and rice with some kind of spicy tofu stuff. It was great.
You pay for the food that you bought with tickets from the ticket people... ha. This way the clubs can turn in there tickets for cash, and use that cash for activities throught the year.
And this is a jumpy thing that kids could play in for a couple tickets.
The clubs tents where set up around the main circle of campus, it had a State Fair kinda feel to it, with live music and everything. Though they weren't playing country music (which I've run into more people here who like Country music than in Idaho) It was this band that was playing Islands music.
The front of the MacKay Building all lit up
My friend Zandria's tent. Z is from New Zealand. I got a chocolate log here. Gosh I love to just stand and listen to New Zealand people talk, its so beautiful.
This is a meat pie from Mongolia
Lana was with me and she's in the mongolian club (though shes russian) and she said we had to support the club
So many people
All the clubs ran out of food before the end, infact my friends who were working the tents said they didn't get any food because they sold it all.
You might ask "Why have you seemed to ditch your sister on this night of nights?" Well I spy, with my little eye, Kasia in a yellow shirt that no one else would look good in...
Kasia was selling the tickets for the event since she works for the Aloha center. Basicaly she was a money changer
I love her co-workers face
1 comment:
I wish I could have gone!
Post a Comment