Tabernacle
The Community Church of Christ used to be called RLDS, but because of name confusion and they changed there name a couple years ago. In the beggining there church branched off of ours. They say they left the church the LDS church because they did not belive polygomy to be correct, there prophets are set up by the leanage of Joseph Smith so Joseph Smith the third was there prophet, so on and so forth for about 5 guys until that guy didn't have any children and then the church desided that the whole leanage thing was more tradition then processy and now they vote for there leaders.
There temple, they said the spiral shape is in symbolism to stretch forth your hands to promote peace to the world.
Though I do respect there beliefs it was interesting hearing diffrent members of there church talk, some of there views contridicted others. They were not sure on a number of things, things that I consider to be the basics of the gospel. Since leaving the LDS church they have added more sections to the Doctrine and Covenants and now don't deam the Book of Morman as actual scripture, from what our tour guide said it seems like a more pick and choose religion instead of outlines for what God wants you to do.
I tried to keep a very open mind during the whole tour, I know these people are are children of God. I don't wish to fight with anyone about thier religion
"I never feel to force my doctrine upon any person; I rejoice to see prejudice give way to truth, and the traditions of men dispersed by the pure principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ" -Joseph Smith Jr. (1844)
My greatest friends who are not LDS have never forced there religion on me, I'm very thankful to them for that, and though I am willing to share what I know with anyone I think its important to not be pushy about it or judge others because of it.

This is a BIG urn... there are two of them

No comments:
Post a Comment