Oddley enough I couldn't deside weather I liked this picture of me with my head titled or not... so you get to see both! Its totaly your lucky day.
View from behind the sign that I'm standing by in the first two pictures
Carthage Jail. We sang "Praise to the man" (Hymn #27) while in the Marterdom room. It was ... ... ... I cannot think of a good enough word for it. but it was what it was. We sang and I felt so sad for this great man, who I have come to love by better knowing, being killed. Then we got to the part of the song "traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain, mingling with Gods he can plan for his brothern, death cannot conquer the hero again" And it hit me real hard that it wouldn't be right to be sad about it, that he had done what he came to this earth to do and God was happy with him for it. I know this seems like an odd thing to say on a blog page, but I really wanted to share it with ya all.
"I had beheld a vision... I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true... for I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew the God knew it, and I could not deny it" -Joseph Smith Jr (1838, Joseph Smith History)

The small gardens around the jail were beautiful
No comments:
Post a Comment