6.02.2007

Very first jeep tour to Poverty Canyon pictures curtasy of Sheeba


This is the beast. Our mode of transportation for tours (When we go to church we take a 15 pasenger van). The beast is a suburban that has its back top ripped off and replaced with bars. The reck guys say that the bars are sturdy enough that if we roll we'd be fine for about the first 4 rolls....

Andy drove and Bama was in the pasenger seat.

This is Becky. The poser.

Another Shot of the back of the jeep. I was in the very very back. Its the bumpyest back there, I loved it.

The other 'normal' jeep that went with us. On the way to the main road we all stood up.

Group shot! Left to right front row Sheeba in red then Juan, Shonna, Joy, Frank, Crystal, Colt (he has his ankle rapped cause he twisted it while playing paint ball)... second row Gloria, Dave, Becky, Ray, Me, Andy (the tall one) Bama (In red) Paul, and then on the end is the Hottness... well Chris. I'll try to give descriptions of people as they come up in other pictures.

Hey Todd recognize your shirt?

Sheeba and Bama. Both do Rec. Sheeba is a sweet heart. Bamas cool, he's dabbled in about everything, hes a Marine and loves it when I ask if we want to feel manly (When I ask that we count to three and then do a HOO RAW!)

So Franks jeep got stuck in the sand. ... really deap. Most of us tried to pull it out. They had a fire hose with them, I have no idea why, but thats what we used to pull the jeep out. Bama said it helps when you yell when pulling things... he's right... all my roomates said it helped to grunt when you hit a vollyball. ha...

Since Colt was injured he got to take the pictures.... that white things his knee.

Crystal works the front desk. She's nice to everyone and is a lot more able to ruff it then she looks.


More pulling pictures.

We didn't get the jeep out that night... it took like three more tries. I had soooo much fun. Sometimes I wonder why I'm here and then I go for a walk or a crazy activity... I love it here. I love being in nature. My work is more ... just in houses and cleaning and all that but eveything else that I do outside of work, thats what makse this job worth being here.
Ha. Since we only had the Beast to take us back four people had to walk while we got drove to the main road. It took about half an hour to get to the main road and we walked a wase before we got ahold of someone at the ranch to pick us up (We had a radio with us the whole time but in the Canyon there was no reseption)... Colt teased me that there was a Sasquatch behind us... what a twerp.
Story I heard after every one got back....
The group walking up the canyon walked about 3 and half miles before the jeep got back to them. When Ray heard them coming he says to frank... hey wouldn't it be cool if I stripped right now? (The guys here are really mature -total sarcasm) So frank says... whatever and next thing he knows hes holding all of rays clothes... ray runs ahead of them and when the head lights hit him he yells... I'm the only one left! I don't know were the others are and I don't even have my cloths.... ... yep people are totaly crazy here, but there fun. Crazy.

No comments: